Sara - albuquerque, New Mexico
Themes: nature

I believe in flowers! I think they are just bursting with the natural beauty of this world! Each flower is different and comes from a different part of the world; different in size, shape, color, and smell. Each flower is unique in the way it smells; some smell so exotic enough to be put into fragrances and some flowers smell not so exotic. The colors of a flower say a lot about it. Being a bright yellow tulip is primarily associated with happiness, whereas a blue water Lillie is like being calm and peaceful.

Flowers have also taught me something about us as human beings; that we are like the flowers. Sure comparing a human to a flower seems strange to some. But by using flowers as a metaphor or simile is commonly found in literature. For example, in poetry flowers are used to describe a woman’s delicacy. In paintings artists use flowers in the background to enhance natural beauty to either the subject, or they just paint flowers; for the natural beauty they glow.

As flowers are diverse so are humans. Each of us come from different parts of

the world. We each display different colors; some are black, white, and some mixed. Some of us have great hygiene and well, some of us need to work on that. Some of us are wider than others, such as dandelions. While some of us aren’t so round we like the morning glories on a vine. No matter the size or the shape or the color. We are all beautiful in our own unique way.

Flowers also display class and elegance. We are all very delicate and fragile. But we root ourselves deep in the earth. Flowers are also very strong when where they are rooted. Of course, this also depends on how deep the roots go. When disaster comes, like the wind, our deep roots keep us from blowing away. So it is always important to immerse yourself in life. Be surrounded by people who will be truthful with you at all times and encourage you through life.

We all nurture each other. We make the world a place of color, diversity, and beauty! We all start small and with care and nurturing we grow. Then when we are nurtured enough and grown up enough we spread our petals out wide and embrace the sky. We are always looking above like the flowers; thanking God for his many blessings.

Flowers have really taught me a lot. About people and how we are all so different we are; and how we all need each other. They taught me how precious life is; and how no matter what trial may stand before us, if we stand firm for what we believe in, we could can come out victorious. Flowers taught me that life is full of beauty and that it should not be taken for granted. I believe flowers can teach us a lot.