Xi Xi - South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
Themes: children

My Luck

I believe in luck. People always say they don’t believe in luck or they are not lucky. I believe everyone have been lucky at least once in everyone’s life. Not winning the lottery or landed on a bad situation doesn’t mean you are not lucky. Not everyone feel lucky just to have a real family, but I was.

I had my luck when the day I was born. You might be concerning why I was in luck? I didn’t know until I was about 11 years old in six grades. I met this girl named Ling, which we become friends at the main officer where we are transferring to another level of class. One day she came to my house and she met my mom. After she left my mom told me this tragic story about Ling how her biological mom gave her up and put her outside someone’s door. I started to question my mom, “Are you positive it was her. Maybe you made a mistake.” She said, “There’s no mistake because people saw it.” I was getting so angry and sad at the same time and wondering why she would do sure a cruel thing. I

Well, during that time in China people were allowed to have one child and everybody wish their first-born were being a boy. But not a lot of people got that wish. My friend was wined in the situation where she was born in the family who had three girls already. At that moment I relieved how lucky I was born into a family that accepted who I am.

People have to pay attention to the things more carefully and relieve how lucky they are to have a real family. Don’t forget surrounded by your families are more lucky.