sophia - lansing, Michigan
Themes: golden rule

I believe that everybody deserves a second chance. I believe by not giving people a second chance it wears down your soul and blocks growth from happening. Just think, if Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritche didn’t forgive each other then there wouldn’t be a new simple life coming out and if doctors didn’t give people a second life, then there wouldn’t be as many people walking around today. As humans, we all make mistakes and we all say things out of anger that we don’t necessarily mean. God gave up his life so that we could have a fulfilling life without any worries. So why do we go through life with pain and anger in our hearts when we were given a second chance? This really hits home for me, because when I was nine years old I stopped breathing, due to my life threatening asthma. I was rushed to the hospital and pretty much announced dead when I arrived. They told my mother that I was not going to make it and there wasn’t much that they could do for me, but to try to cut a whole in my trachea. My mother told them no because she knew that I was going to make it through without the hole in my neck and that all they needed to do was to give me a second chance to live. After working on me for some time, I was revived and put into ICU. Later the next day, I woke up and I had tubes all over me. The nurses then walked in and told me that I had given them a scare and it was great that I had a second chance at life. Ever since then, I have shaped my beliefs that all people deserve a second chance. Just because someone does something wrong to you doesn’t mean that they are a bad person, but by giving them a second chance, that one person might be that person that might save your life or even be your soul mate. Without a second chance, love may be lost, marriages may never start, friendships may end and wars may begin. Life is meant to be embraced because we all have such little time on earth. So I beg you don’t go through life without giving people a second chance, you just may regret it, this is what I believe.