Ersi - Galloway, New Jersey

I believe that I’m too lazy to reach for the remote. I don’t really know why, I just am. If the remote is to far away I will just stay on my couch as if I’m incapacitated. Sadly this action pretty much sums up my entire life. I always wake up everyday with new goals. I will read a book, clean my room, or study for that test that’s tomorrow. But for some reason or another I never do the things that I plan to do. It seems to me that everyday just passes by as if nothing is to come the next day. The next day I find my self waking up with an even bigger list of things that I have to do. That test that I was supposed to study for yesterday is today. The room I was supposed to clean the other day I have to clean now. That book I wanted to read yesterday I won’t have a chance to now because I have to study for a test and clean my room.

Some call this poor time management but I just call it lazy. I don’t really know why I am this way I am. Even when I have the time to read the book that I want, I either end up taking a three hour nap or staying up all day and night watching TV. I want to do all the things that I set out to do, but I never get around them. No matter how hard I try to become a better person: one that does clean his room, studies for the test, or reads a book, it never happens. At the end of the day I go to sleep thinking that I have all day tomorrow to do the things I want to.

Yet everyday day I wake up the list seems to only get bigger, knowing full well that I won’t do them. Even when I try to plan my day so that I will have time to do everything, I give up halfway through the day. I don’t why I’m this way. I think one reason is that I am a dreamer. I always think of what would be “good” to do but I don’t have the motivation to actually do anything. I have all this ambition but at the same time I’m also overcome by apathy. I’m just too lazy to reach for the remote so I just leave the TV on whatever channel it is as I watch my life slowly coming to an end with nothing to show for it.