Joe - Odenton, Maryland

I believe that we have reduced our nation to a large group of whining live-longer wannabes. I believe that we have sacrificed little so our children could be educated, only to find out that there was little educating being done. Finally I believe that I am in a country that allows one voice to over rule the masses.

In the past America was the loudest with reason. We were the best at what we did, be it grow, grade, distill or sew. We were the standard by which everyone else measured themselves. I once used a CROSS pen to pry open a window. Without note or explanation I sent it back to them, and it was replaced. Not for any other reason than it was a CROSS product. It was the best. PRIDE

We now complain with the vigor we formally used to create. If we can’t make enough we call on Government subsidies. If it doesn’t work as well, or for as long, we’ll sell it for the same and then ask the customer to bet on it lasting or not by buying an extended warranty. There was a day when a Ford truck was a truck, with no extra months protection package to buy because the day it was made HENRY was making the best possible, not the best he could. PRIDE

Education in this country is by far the single biggest issue I have. If we can build a talking car then we can make damn certain that Tanya is excelling in advanced math. This way she can build the next item to talk, instead of buying it from another country. Have Tommy know as much about bio fuels as he does about “Ted Leo And The Pharmacists”. The way to do this is by providing him with challenges, not pacifiers. Rewarding creative teaching not mandating numeric performance. Make teachers American IDOLS, not excesses for everything we didn’t or couldn’t tell our children.

I find myself ashamed to be called an American these days. Our leader, regardless of who voted for whom is on a single-minded mission that is disrupting lives for generations to come. In America my vote counted last time I looked. I voted to condemn this global disobedience in favor of domestic house cleaning. Not just in Texas where you are knee deep in oil money, not just in New Orleans where you have been abandoned and left to fend for yourself, and not just in DC where you pay taxes with no representation. Not just in the Oval Office where outing a CIA agent is justifiable politically, not just at our borders where some groups cross better than others to uncertainty.

I believe that house cleaning is best done from the top down, with the shrubs and bushes removed. The home then cleansed for evil spirits with the service or ritual of your choice, Americans then facing our issues here at home. Because there are “OUR ISSUES” without racial implications or strategies. I know this because we are all of the HUMAN RACE, we all live here on this small EARTH. What would it be like if the winning team included everyone? Would you want to play? The trance is coming to an end, this I do believe. No one listened, they are just letting the giant wake up.