Michael - Lilncoln, Rhode Island
Themes: love

I believe that love can be anything or anyone you want it to be.

Three years ago to this day, I looked at her sitting there with her golden brown hair and her beautiful lips moving gracefully as she spoke. I went to school just to see and talk to her. It was the highlight of my day seeing her sitting there talking to her friends.

I knew then that it was love at first sight.

Every day that passed by I watched her kiss him. Every little kiss killed me more and more each day. As I watched the girl of my dreams, I wished that she would be mine. I thanked god every night for making such an amazing person.

I believe that I love her not only for who she is but for the butterflies I get when I see her or talk to her.

I had to watch her kiss another guy. Each time I saw it I wanted to bury my head because I never wanted to see. It was just too painful.

I guess you could say I was in love. There isn’t enough paper in the world to describe the love I have for her. Look for the girl with the most amazing smile and you’ll see her sitting there.

My worst nightmare happened, she recently moved. We really didn’t talk much in the beginning of our 10th grade year. Except for the occasional, “Hey” and “What’s up?” Now that she’s gone I wish I could go back and change that. I wish the butterflies hadn’t kept me at bay.

What I’d give to hear her voice once more. I’d give anything in the world to hear her say “Hi Mike,” one more time.

I finally caught her on the computer. She said that her life was ok and that she has a new boyfriend that she loves. Enough said. I acted as if I was happy to hear that but inside it felt like I just died.

About a week later she called me crying. She told me that her boyfriend had cheated on her. While she was talking all I could do was say to myself that I would never have cheated on her. And why would anyone want to hurt such a wonderful girl? After she was done crying I told her she didn’t need to cry over a jerk like him. Then I told her I loved her.

Come to find out she has always loved me too. She was just waiting for me to say it first. Now I wish I would have told her that three years ago when we met.

To this day she still means everything to me and I love her. She’s the only girl I’ve ever loved. All I want to do is see her face once more.

I believe that love is something special. Something you can’t buy and something you can’t replace. Keep the ones you love close to you because you don’t know what you have until it’s gone.