cynthia - nashville, Tennessee
Themes: Holocaust

The Holocaust is the most horrible term of man’s cruelty towards man. It is one Holocaust-one only-engineered by the Nazi Regime in 1938-1944 to systematically destroy one group – for religious beliefs. The Jewish genocide was not started by its victims nor was it engendered by the life they lived. The German Jews were considered by sociologists and the everyday population by some extent to be more “German” than the Germans. This is where they met in classical music, a love for art, scientific study, and all other things esoteric. “They are so civilized” was on the lips of Germans and German Jewish people alike. Mendelsohn, the composer and pianist even changed his name, as many, many other elite in the arts. Did they measure up? No! they were crumpled and burned in the crematoriums like the stereotyped Jewish believers-whom Hitler portrayed in propaganda movies as rats and squirming vermin. Of course this all played on a colossal fault in the Third Reich’s infrastructure: no land and no jobs for the “Echte Deutch. So the formula called for another group, a religious group, not a race, to be killed. The property was confiscated and the houses lived in.

What every man woman and child must know in this generation and the next ad infinitum is how it is a Holocaust. How gold teeth were extracted from Jewish people’s sculls, mountains of wedding bands were next to mounds and mounds of human hair when the women got out of the cattle cars in Auschswitz and Treblinka, all the camps-their heads were shaven like animals These were Concentration Camps that Rudolph Speer designed on blue prints and signed his name to. (He later wrote a book after the war, some 20 years that he built them only for work camps but the discovery of the signed work on death ovens and poisons used to kill the living, starving people made his book a complete insanity.

The Holocaust is where men and/or Women slept six to a bunk, ate one piece of black bread a day and drank water soup out of the bowl that was shared back and forth between hundreds of victims. How women gave birth to babies in silence and watched them thrown in the cinder ovens, had older children torn from their limbs screaming and watched parents pushed towards the death line by Mengele-who we do not dignify with

“Doctor.” He was an aristocrat, married a titled girl, and somehow worshipped culture..

There were random shootings –but nothing like the experiments on humans that were part of the Holocaust. Starving victims was everyday- reducing twins to frozen states, cutting off limbs to see if they would grow back and many more.And yet they loved Wagner’s Brunhilde, Die Miestersingers, Mozart, and had orchestras in the camps play as the death march went on.

Don’t forget-that you think you could have run away, (no guns owned by private citizens),you think you could hide(the secret police or any police had exact lists of Jewish People and where they lived). Yes it was genocide-the papers signed by Rudolph Hesse were at the behest of Adolph Hitler-He was the master mind-and don’t forget that millions believed in his belief and yes other groups were killed in the six million and receive compensation but they did not receive the cruelty of the Jewish population-just for the freedom to believe – It is in this I believe that the Holocaust is a man made monstrous, unforgivable, inexplicable solo event in our history and we are still in fear of it coming back-but when?