Daniel - 33146, Florida

For many people, failing to achieve success in something may cause them to give up their quest. I believe failure should not be a reason to quit, but instead serve as a source of motivation to continue our pursuit. For most of my life, I have had many aspirations; I have been setting goals and trying to accomplish many things in life. Like many others, I have failed at some things, for I am not perfect, but instead of just giving up, failure has always kept me going. Throughout my short life, I have faced challenges that might somehow seem demanding. However, the biggest challenge I have faced so far has been leaving the comfort of home and going away to college. Like me, most people set goals and it is important that they not give up until they accomplish them.

Since I was a small child, I wanted to study in the United States. When I entered high school, my parents had great expectations about my academic accomplishments. Unfortunately, at first I was not too well-focused and my performance was below my capabilities. After a period of reflection, in which I went over all the things I had ever aimed at completing, I was able to get back on track, and with three years of some upsets and much hard work, I was able to improve my grades, and here I am today, at the University I had always aspired to be part of.

Similar to my own case, there are many people around the world that face daily complications. Some of these people succeed, and they do because they do not quit. Some of them, however, refuse to keep trying after failing, and never finish what they originally had set their sights on. I believe that people should not quit, and to think of failure as a yield sign, rather than a stop sign in the path to success. By yield sign, I mean as a brief pause, rather than a stop sign were you are forced to make a complete halt.

Although at the beginning of my high school years I was confused, I was able to place myself back to the right track. And even though I had many setbacks and obstacles in my high school years, like getting mediocre grades and conduct problems, my self-determination helped me prevail and achieve the goal I had set for myself as a youngster. Throughout my life I have faced challenges that have made me think about the essence of life. And I have come to the conclusion that life itself is a challenge, simply put, quitting is not an option. Most important, failure should not serve as a reason to give up something, but as a reason to try harder.

I want to encourage all the people in the world who fall short of a goal, to think twice before quitting. I believe that failure should be seen as a step closer to succeeding. It is, after all, part of the learning process life presents to all human beings. And although the road may not be easy, you must take a step closer to success rather than a step backwards in life. Do not give up, but try to achieve your goal with another attempt.