Christopher - Danvers, Illinois

I believe that I am blessed to have loved someone very special; her name is Natalie. I remember the first time I saw her in P.E. class. She was unusually quiet, but her big and mysterious brown eyes said all that her delicate lips were too shy to say. From our first encounter, I found myself only desiring to be with her.

From that moment on, nothing kept us apart as we supported each other in everything we did. When I went to her sectional cheerleading competition and saw her smiling back at me during the routine, I felt my heart soar. Seeing her smile gave me the greatest joy in the world. When I finished my race at the state track meet, I walked out of the arena to see her standing there, and nothing felt better than to feel her presence as I wrapped my tired arms around her.

I always wanted what was best for her. Because she wanted to improve her athletic ability, I persuaded her to come running with me during the summer. I remember the way her bottom lip pouted in protest when I pulled her outside into the sweltering heat. At first, she hated me for it and tried anything to dissuade me, but after a few weeks, she left a note in my truck, thanking me for helping her become more active.

I remember how we used to just sit on her couch, watch T.V., and talk about anything and everything: how much we loved each other, what was bothering us that particular day, and even our most personal secrets. I loved everything about her, from the way she held my hand and captured my heart, to the way she always managed to laugh at my pathetic jokes.

When I went away to college, I always looked forward to her nightly phone call. Hearing her angelic voice erased all the problems of my day. I was completely in love with her and would have given up everything I was doing just to be with her; she meant everything to me.

One weekend, she told me that she was not ready for this serious relationship. I was devastated to hear her words, and the pain of losing the most important person in my life was almost unbearable. Even though I was angry at what she did, I still loved her. However, I came to realize that loving her meant letting her go. The memory of loving her comforted me and freed me from my pain, and I knew that sometimes the people we love the most, we must let go. For I believe that I loved someone very special, and I can move forward in my life remembering all of the wonderful memories of loving her.