Kimberly - Yankton, South Dakota
Themes: children

I believe that preschoolers are the smartest people on earth. Preschoolers live life how everyone should.

For preschoolers, much of school is playtime. They learn to interact with other kids, have fun, and make friends. Everyone plays with everyone, and no one is left out. No preschooler cares if another kid is black, white, or brown, fat or thin. All that matters is that everyone plays. Many people have forgotten the ways of the preschooler. They are too concentrated on having the best job, the biggest house, or the newest car, that they forget to have fun.

Preschoolers know that one can not play the entire day, they must include essential like lunch. For a preschooler if you have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a carton of milk, and a cookie, then oh boy, that was a great meal. It is often forgotten that for something to be good it does not have to be fancy or expensive. Keeping things simple is often the best solution.

Preschoolers are not foolish little kids, they know what they need to continue to play and that is where the nap comes in. They know that they can not be constantly going from one place to another, never resting. For them to continue to play and not be crabby, they need their rest. As one grows older, it is sometimes forgotten that it is ok to just sit and do nothing. One does not have to always be rushing a hundred miles a minute. Sometimes it is just good to stop and take a nap.

With their tummies full and their bodies rested it is time to play outside. Now, by being outside this gives every preschooler the cue that it is time to get dirty. This is when everyone looks for the best spots for the boys to play with their Tonka trucks, and the girls to play with chalk. This is the time for everyone to bake the best mud pies, with the philosophy of the messier the better. As one grows older they can sometimes forget that they do not have to be perfect. It is ok to let loose and play in the dirty or to jump in a puddle.

Now, one of the best life lessons preschoolers live by, is believing in their dreams. When everyone is crisscrossed legged sitting on the carpet, sharing what their dreams are, they believe in them. They can do whatever they want to do, and know one is going to knock them down for it. As one grows older, they often forget about their dreams. Thinking they are foolish and need a real job. They loose their ambition to be an astronaut or a rock star, and settle for working in a cubical.

I believe that life should be lived like that of a preschooler. Play with everyone; remember that simplicity is sometimes the best option, getting dirty is always a good thing, and do not forget your dreams.