Jolene - Yankton, South Dakota

Growing up you fight, hit, scream at, and most times wish that you could just get rid of your twin, but they never seem to go away. They are always there no matter what, and after all they drama wears off you are always glad they are. Most of the time I believe that you have a twin to test your tolerance level, but I now see that you have a twin to help you make the most out of the life you are given.

Growing up my twin was everywhere I was, we were in the same class, we had the same friends and we attended all the same outings. Our friends always treated us like we were a 2-in-1 combo growing up so if one was invited somewhere, so was the other. This annoyed us a lot when we were young, but looking back on it makes you see that it may have been a blessing in disguise. We know every little thing about each other and we know exactly how to make the other be the best that they can be. My twin and I know each others potential, so we expect nothing but that from them in life.

I believe that my twin was sent to me to help me through the hardships of life. I have been through a lot in life and I honestly believe that I would no be here with my head held high if it were not for her. If I ever need to talk she is always there and even though we are now separated by different colleges, she is still just a phone call away. We understand each other more than anyone will ever understand us and we always seem to know how to make the other one feel better even if we don’t really understand what their problem is. I will always tell my twin what I am going through over any friend or family member because she never tells me what I want to hear, she tells me what I need to hear!

Having your best friend and your worst enemy around at all times is sometimes difficult to handle but in the end it is the best thing possible for me. My twin is for the most part at the wrong end of a venting fit, but she always handles it well and knows that it will blow over if she just listens. We take things out on each other because we don’t have anyone else, but it’s always ok because we know how to handle each other and make things better for them.

My twin is my best friend and I don’t know what I would do without her. We laugh and cry together, and no matter what you do in life your twin will always be there. I believe that twins are a gift given to a select people to make their life a better.