Sara - Crofton, Nebraska
Themes: children

“The Unexpected Path”

A day cannot go bad, when waking up to the biggest blues eyes, a smile and giggle so contagious it makes all past, present, and future problems disappear. This is how my days begin! Headed down a spiraling out-of-control path, this little bundle of joy saved my life. It may not have arrived in the appropriate manner, but I had to roll with the punches.

On May 6th, 2006 I welcomed into my life and family a son. All alone to raise my son by myself, with help from my family, I realized another person was counting on me. I could either give up or persevere! I chose persevering. It is not easy being a single mom. I’ve found out who my true friends are and where my priorities lie. I cry a lot wishing my life was different but then I realize my life could not get any better.

My future is finishing school with my education degree, allowing me to provide and take care of my son properly. I hope my son will grow up learning from my mistakes and become the best he can be. I know there will be many trials ahead, but that smile will keep me moving forward. Together my son and I will make our way through the days I am sure will be filled with many ups and downs. This I believe to be the mission God has given me, to raise my son, finish my degree, and enjoy my life and all it has to offer, even if it is the unexpected path of doing so.