Frank - Houghton, Michigan

I believe in education

Since I was an adolescent I’ve always believed that there were three things that no one could ever take from you, your name, your faith, and your education.

I’ve grown and seen that without an education it’s hard to accomplish almost anything in this country.

I believe in all the different branches of education. I believe in science. I believe in art. I believe in math.

I believe that education is a key to a successful society.

I believe that education is the common denominator in the successful nations of this planet. I believe that it is no coincidence that the nations on this earth with the highest levels of education are the ones who are never plagued with poverty, violence, and ignorance.

I believe that ignorance is the disease, and knowledge is the cure. I believe that true learning is a drug, and that it is the best drug this world has ever, and will ever know.

I am in my second semester at Michigan Tech University and my experiences thus far have led me to believe that education (especially higher education) is the only thing that is going to make this country a better place. I believe that calculus, Newton’s laws, Greek and Roman history, and Beethoven really do make this world a better place. I believe that a better understanding of our past and present will lead to a better future.

Because I believe in education.