Caryl - middle island, New York
Themes: environment

I believe that the world we live in is being destroyed. Everyone is doing it even if you’re a hippie and never litter think about it how you drive to work yeah your destroying the earth. Litter come on this is the only planet right now that we can live on. If we don’t change our ways soon it will be too late. The Earth has not been destroyed yet but it might be destroyed, in other words, destroyed for us.

We are depleting the Earth of its natural resources. We cut down rain forests, trees to build bigger and better homes. People are just so greedy all they care about is themselves. They are not thinking about the future.

We use tons of gas a year to fill our cars and some are too lazy to walk a few blocks instead they drive. The industries and us over use energy. Ships that deliver oil have oil spills and this causes water damage. When we burn these fossil fuels this adds to the production of greenhouse gases and ground level pollutes which leads to global warming. Driving uses less fuel then flying which can help.

With the overpopulation on this planet there are too many mouths to feed. This is a decision that parents make by deciding to have more and more children.

People need to recycle and think about when they leave a light on with no regard for the use of energy.

We all do these things I do them all the time. We need to think more about our futures. The planet can only take so much. As I drive down the road I see so much litter do people not realize that there are garbage cans. And yes I did say drive I too drive and use electricity. I try not to litter, drive long distances, and turn the lights out when I’m not using them.