Salomon - miami, Florida

Belief in something intangible becomes harder with every passing day. The dreams

of our childhood perish from atrophy, and we find ourselves with no outlets for

our passions. We struggle to find a purpose by which to live our lives, when all signs

indicate that entropy, causality and the law of fortune are the only absolutes. We live

in a cynical world, and it is a constant struggle not to lose faith in our fellow man.

That being said, I believe in the goodness of people, and that change is possible. The

examples set by others, such as Bill Gates and Warren Buffett, are creating a potential

for positive growth such that the world has never seen. I can hardly explain how profoundly their philanthropy has inspired me, and how I now have something that I have never known before: hope. For the first time in history, due to the nature of our world, we have the means as well as the desire to make the world a better place. To be kind and descent in our everyday encounters is no longer enough, as the accelerants of politics, economics, and religion have created a mix so volatile such that we can no longer bear the consequences of our apathy and desensitization. It is only through a global effort that we can begin to address these issues, and move forward towards a better tommorow. I believe in the future, but above all else, I believe in you.