Brittany - Fairhaven, Massachusetts
Themes: purpose

I believe that everything happens for a reason and everyone has a purpose on earth. Now that I am getting older, I am realizing more than I did as a child. I see things in a different perspective than everyone else. I also believe that when some one dies it’s their time to go, even if it’s accidental or a natural cause. Its their time to go. While I am getting older, I have been realizing that signs and the way things happen are real. I believe that all of this happens because it is suppose to happen whether you want it to or not.

One night my friends and I went out for the night. I felt that there were so many signs that were trying to tell me we shouldn’t go. For example, I had to work late and when I got home I couldn’t find my shoes. But I ignored them anyways, and just went. That same night my best friends, Heather xx, Taryn xx, and Courtney xx, and I, got into an extremely bad accident, our car was totaled. I believe that the four of us were suppose to be together that night, in those seats, in that car for a reason. That night on the way home we got lost. We were lost for about 2 hours. When we finally got onto the right highway around 3:30am, not even a half hour went by and Courtney lost control of the car. The car hit a cement guard rail, flipped over and slid on it’s side. The car finally stopped, and we were up side down. We didn’t hit any cars which is surprising because I remember there being a bunch of them.

We had so many people looking over us that night. There were two people that pulled over and helped us. The first person was a man; he came over to make sure we were all alright. He let us use his cell phone to call for help, and he also let Courtney use his jacket because she was so cold. The second person was a lady; she came over and asked us if we wanted to go into her mini van. It was surprising because we were bleeding, but she didn’t care. She wanted to make sure we were alright. And for some strange reason she had paper towels in her back seat at 3:30 am. They both waited until the ambulance showed up. Finally, there was Mr. Ramsden, he was the fire fighter that was there on the scene, he is also known as, Mrs. Ramsden’s husband, my gym teacher at Fairhaven High School. I look at these people as our Angels. If it wasn’t for them, I am not sure what would of happened to us that night. We all wish we could have gotten their names, just to say, “Thanks, for saving our lives.” The people who were there at the accident or the people who saw pictures of the accident try to figure out how we survived such a terrible accident like ours. I feel it was because it was not our time. We walked away with bumps, bruises, and a bad memory to add to our collection of memories. This accident changed our lives and made us appreciate life a lot more now. Our accident happened for a reason.

I believe God has a plan for all of us; I am not a religious person but I do believe in God and his plan for us. I look more carefully at things and wonder why. But there is no answer, just everything happens for a reason. I believe all of this because I notice it. So I know that I am suppose to be here for a reason; I was suppose to die that night but it wasn’t my time to go. I haven’t figured out why I am still here but soon I’ll know. This I believe-that God works in mysterious ways.