Sean - Seabrook, New Hampshire

How many hours a day you sit in front a television or computer? As video games and television become more popular, people are choosing to stay inside their house instead of going out and getting exercise. How many times a week do you eat fast food or have it delivered to your house? Today’s restaurants make it so you don’t even have to leave your house for food anymore. I believe that modern day convenience have made people become lazier.

Computers are the main cause of laziness. Most computers have the internet, which is the reason computers can be so addictive. The internet provides games, information, and even places where you can shop. The internet makes it so you basically do not have to leave your house anymore. If you have a credit card or debit card, you can buy almost anything you want online. Have you ever met someone who hasn’t heard about EBay? I know I haven’t.

Television and video games also have the potential to take over peoples lives. Mostly video games though. Video games can grow very addicting for almost anyone. I always hear people talking about how they played their video games all day and all night. Television is almost the same as video games. You sit on your couch or chair and enjoy it. Experts target what people are most interested in and make a TV show or a video game based on people’s interests. This is why it is so addictive. Don’t get me wrong, I used to almost be like this. I would rather relax and maybe watch TV than go outside. When I realized how lazy I was getting, I stopped immediately and started going to the gym. I noticed that I quickly became happier and satisfied with my change. Although video games may be fun, you have to realize what they can do to you. Such as making you sit inside all the time and not hanging out with your friends. It makes your life very boring.

In addition to computers, televisions, and video games, fast food services and delivery services have also increased laziness in America. You no longer have to go shopping for food anymore. You can sit on your couch while playing video games on your computer, pick up the phone and order a pizza. Most people have already gotten used to this luxury. Why make something to eat when you can have something delivered to you in less than an hour? Also, the food you usually get is very unhealthy and has a direct effect on obesity in America. Most people do not realize what affect just ordering fast food can have on their health. Not only does it make you lazy, it makes you very unhealthy because of its high fat and cholesterol. I used to eat fast food at least twice a week, but I stopped eating fast food in the 8th grade. When I realized the affect it had on me, I was no longer interested. Thinking about becoming obese and having heart attack at the age of thirty was enough to make me stop.

From delivery services, to the internet and video games, America has become lazy. It is almost to the point where it is too late to turn back. Technology will continue growing and make it easier for people to get things they desire. Technology is going to take over peoples lives. Not because it can be addicting, not because it is fun or easy to achieve, but because people will let it. Not only do I believe this, I am watching this happen. Today, a person will always take the easy way out, even though they know it may be the wrong way out. This, I believe.