David - harrodsburg, Kentucky
Themes: community

This I Believe…

Our society is coming to an age where everyone is becoming more and more self-absorbed. People in society are having more and more arrogant and petty quarrels. It’s almost as if the world has forgotten to get along.

Don’t get me wrong though, I do believe that there are going to be stupid meaningless quarrels along with justifiable quarrels, I just think that now more than ever people are becoming more restless and un-eased.

Families are slowly rifting apart. People are finding themselves too consumed in their own self-interests to associate with family anymore. Maybe it’s the economies fault maybe people are working too much to have family time and the stress of work is causing them to be on edge and unhappy with others. Although there are events that cause you want to be left alone and not bothered, we should not let that stop us from living our lives.

Society needs to pull themselves back together and reach out to one another with hope and care. Try not to let things bother you so much that you don’t want to spend time with others especially if it is causing you to lose your connection with your family.