Steve - Eagan, Minnesota

I believe there is a higher power greater than ourselves, because of all the challenges I’ve had to face through out my lifetime, and the insight I have had at times. For example, the muscle’s in my eyes weren’t setting in the proper place they should have been. They have a medical term for it but I can’t remember. I had surgery on my eyes to correct that problem, but the second go around on my left eye didn’t work, so thats why I have a lazy eye. Anybody going under the knife, something could always happen. Then, when I was about eight years of age, I stepped outside of myself, and ran into the street and pushed a neighborhood freind out of the way of a speeding truck, so he wouldn’t get hit, then I tried to avoid getting hit myself. I wasn’t quick enough and got hit instead. I was in the hospital for a month or so, and during that time my family told me it was a miracle I am still a live because I was hit so hard. It turns out the guy who hit me was drunk and was doing 50 mph in a 35 mph residential area. I’m not sure what happened to the guy, but I do hope he got what he deserved. I cut my leg almost off but got to the hospital. Now, I have a big scar on the back of my leg. I got caught in traffic to get across the street and somehow was able to maneuver around to avoid getting hit. The only thing I could think of was that my higher power was with me and controlled that situation. Five years ago, I had a heart attack and didn’t even know until three months later that’s what it was, so thats why I believe we all have an angel watching over us. Most of the time we don’t realize it, because we are always too busy being self-centered that we don’t even give credit where credit is due, until something drastic happens. Iam thankfull every day that I can take a breath another day.