JD - Calgary/alberta, Canada
Themes: prejudice

This I believe that people in the world if they know it or not are racist or prejudice or use discrimination in everyday life. Maybe they mean it to be direct in a way they mean to say what they say to be racist or prejudice towards someone. Others think they are not being racist or prejudice in their own minds but even with a wrong look to some one your judging them because of their looks and not for whom they are. Segregation does not just happen in schools and at parties and between friends it happens in movies, music and many other ways but most of all in the media.

Movies are one place in our society were discrimination, racism and prejudice sayings or actions are used to make comic relief and make people laugh just so the movie companies can make a quick buck. A good example of this happening is the very world-renowned movie of Borat. In the movie the main character Borat goes around making himself look like an idiot like he is crazy. He is a Pakistan man who has portrays Pakistan’s as stupid or crazy or non-functional individuals. He has descrimated against the Pakistan people given then a bad name and the sad thing is people thought this movie could not stop laughing. People did not realize that this movie is decimating against a race of people and on the outside of the movie world that is one thing were trying to stop but it doesn’t help when movies portray this image.

A major issue is how the media portrays other groups or cultures as being “terrorists” or a danger to the rest of the world and need to be rid of. Media is probable the number one way people set up their beliefs their political views and other views in the world by what the media tells them to belief. People listen to the media because they want to fit in to society and feel the need to vote like others and think like others and wear what others wear. This is where people also find their views on other races and religions and where many hot debates get started. People should not feel the need to vote or think like others but should have their own views on life and hopefully have goods views about prejudism, Racism and Discrimination. I feel these segregations need to come to end and people need to take a stand and fight for what is right a free and equal society.