Kahla - Mesquite, Texas

It is nine in the morning and you seek out for that one thing to wake you up. You hit the kitchen yawning hard as you fumble around till you find the button to turn on the coffee pot. The aroma begins to seep throughout the house as you prepare for yet another day. I believe that coffee is a lifesaver. Without the caffeinated drink in my hand every morning I simply do not function. I believe that coffee is there to keep you going. When I stayed up the whole night one night trying to finish a major project I had due the next day my double shot espresso stayed by my side in my cute little Hello Kitty coffee cup keeping my heavy set eyes open. Without my coffee I would have failed for the six weeks, got killed by my parents, and been separated from my love (the coffee that is). I believe that coffee saves lives, not only because of the fact that it lowers some risk for diseases, but because it is there to help start conversations with people. If you like someone, bring up coffee and voila! The coffee cup speaks for its self. When your standing in line at Starbucks order what the person in front of you says and strike up a conversation about that drink. You never know who you will meet and by bringing up a simple drink you can learn so much. You have to be careful however, coffee can become addictive and with that addiction comes life. This I believe.