jessica - mesquite, Texas

I believe in the power of manners. In modern society many people have seem to lost common manners that once were a stepping stone in our world. When once men would let a pregnant woman have the seat on a bush now they simply stand and stare as the baby loaded down woman struggles to stand as the bus makes a number of turns. People seem to have lost a concern for the common man, as if they would not spit on you if you were on fire. It really is sad when often a polite gesture could change everything. Saying hi to an acquaintance in a busy hallway might alleviate the inner most fearful thoughts that they are alone in the world. That if we would just take time out of being so self-absorbed and see other people maybe our lives would be better. That we would not be stuck in cold completely silent theatre room wondering why, why someone we once called our dear friend would do such a thing. How he learned how to make noose and why he would kick the chair out from underneath him. What made him feel so alone and why you didn’t say goodbye the day before when you had the perfect opportunity to or maybe even a chance to prevent it? Above most all things I believe manners have power, that there is power in your words and behavior. This I strongly believe.