Hillary - Mesquite, Texas
Themes: Christianity

This I believe

I believe I am a Christian, I have known this since I was at the age of 8. It was a Sunday night and I had been thinking about what a Christian was and wanted to make things right in my life. I had just got out of a bath and I started to blow dry my hair and I was thinking about how much I hated being a sinner. I wanted to make things right with the Lord and ask him to come into my heart and make me new. I knew that he had died on the cross to save me for my sins and that the only way I could get to heaven to be with him was to ask him into my heart. I told my mom about these feelings I had and she knelt with me at my bedside and prayed. That night I became a new Hillary. I did not change my physical characteristics but I changed on my inside. I wanted to live my life to be just like Him. Ever since the night I asked God into my heart I have known that I was His forever. I still make bad decisions sometimes and sin, but when I do I ask God to forgive me and He does. The relationship I have with God is something that I would never want to give up. He is my rock, my shelter, and my best friend. He put me on this world for a reason and I think that reason is to share my testimony with others. I can’t wait for the day to come when I get to see the one who created me, and to be in heaven for eternity and truly live happily ever after. “For God so loved the world that he gave His one and only Son, that who shall ever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16