Matthew - mesquite, Texas

The American Dream. This I Believe. I believe you can live it if you work hard. All the greatest people in our country strived to make this dream a reality. The American Dream to me is to go to college to get a good occupation. Then, raise a family and buy a house and cars. That is the American Dream. This has been portrayed in many movies and books such as Pursuit of Happyness and The Great Gatsby.

Immigrants come over here to live the dream. They come here because they hear the roads are made of gold. This actually means the golden opportunities each individual can have. This country was built on that dream. The dream to be free. The dream to live the way you want. Now the American Dream can be achieved numerous ways. Either Bad or Good. A bad example would be Drug Dealers. Now I don’t mean low street drug dealers but the actually supplier, the bootlegger. A good way to experience the American Dream is through hard work and determination and a good education. People who go to college usually achieve this. Other people have their own definition of the American Dream such as to see their children grow up and become successful. Many others just want to live their life and live by their religion. People came here through prosecution, poverty, and hunger. We, Americans, also live the American Dream by eating. To eat any kind of food we want, the way we want it. So, by fulfilling your hunger, you are living an American dream many other people in other countries cannot.

Just imagine. I believe this is what is an American Dream. We are all living the life. The American Dream can be found anywhere. No one will stop you. Life is valuable. Have it the way you want it! Now, tell me this; What is your American Dream?