Carrie - Mesquite, Texas

I Believe…

Whenever I have an idea, I go to my confidants to share it. Whenever I have an emotional day filled with mishaps and misunderstandings, I go to my group for comfort and support. Whenever my I have an argument with my parents that stresses me out so much that my hands won’t unclench, I can rant about it to my fellow prisoners. Whenever I am so excited about good news, I go and jump around with my fans. Whenever a boy breaks my heart, I go and cry on the shoulder of the people that I know will always love me. Whenever I am all hyped up on caffeine and chocolate, I can go gossip and sing along with the radio with my fellow goof balls. Whenever I am nervous about a new job or going off to school, I go and seek the security and kindness that my team has always been more than willing to provide. My friends play several different vital roles, and are essential in my thriving life. I believe in friendship. Friendship provides for the piece of my heart that longs for trust and enjoyment. My friendships have helped me grow and learn. I have learned how to listen, and I have become more confident. My friends look out for me, and I return the favor by always being ready to catch my friends when they fall or support them when the climb and go through the tough obstacles towards their dreams. Friendship is a win-win relationship that is a key component of life. I could not live with out the laughter that my friends bring to my rainy days or the unforgettable experiences that we share together. A night filled with junk food and games will always mean more to me than a day at school. My friends have shaped me into the young adult that I am, and they constantly inspire me to be more than I ever thought I could be. Friendship has held me together, and friendship is the most cherished thing in my life thus far. I could not imagine being without my group of friends because I truly care about them. Friendship is an innate desire that we can all prosper from receiving and giving.