Shawn - Springfield, Ohio

I believe we all have a purpose. I believe that it makes no difference what you call your God, that He or She or It puts us on this earth for a reason and that it is our responsible to provide direction to that purpose.

I believe that we have a duty to give back to the communities in which we live, to contribute in a constructive and meaningful way and to do so without calling attention to ourselves.

I believe that we have responsibilities to our children. If we are blessed with children of our own we must always be aware that they need us to love, nurture and provide for them, to be their source of inspiration and comfort. I believe we owe our children the wealth of our knowledge and that we must teach ourselves how best to impart that knowledge to each of our children. I believe we must always remember the individuality of our children and that sometimes they must learn things on their own, be allowed to make mistakes, pick themselves up and try again. I believe there is no greater honor that to be a parent and there is no greater source of joy than to be called “Mom” or “Dad”. And most importantly, there is no greater duty than to love your children completely and unconditionally.

I believe each of us can find our soul mate. The greatest treasure one can have is a loving spouse. Returning that love means placing that person above all others. To work each day to make that person’s life more complete, because by doing so, your own life is more complete, that is true love. I believe when two soul mates find each other and share the caring, passion and joy of true love there is no mountain they cannot climb, no bill they cannot pay, no child they cannot rear, no decision they cannot agree to, and no illness they cannot cure. I believe in true love and I believe true love conquers all.

I believe that we must all find in ourselves what provides the source of the most fulfillment and pursue it with shameless passion. To live each day and try to do as much good to as many people in as many places as often as we can. And to wake up each morning with the hope of being able to do more than you did the day before.