Noel - Simi Valley
Age Group: 65+

This I believe.

We have become as Lemmings, rushing blindly to the brink of destruction led by a well-meaning individual who has our best interest at heart, we must stop this brinkmanship or face mass destruction. We must face the fact that we are a form of animal and still carry fundamental beliefs that stood our ancestors in good stead for survival when we were in the reptilian age. If we stop now and look at ourselves we will see we possess some of the instincts of wolves and other creatures we have a NEED for a pack leader, it is in-bred.

Most animals need it for their survival; it has stood us in good stead until now. Most other creatures seek one of their own to lead them to where the food and water is, and to defend us against enemies. We have had our leaders,

Too.

But the desire for a supreme leader eluded us, one who could rule the entire species of man world wide led us into countless wars and conflicts for thousands of years we survived but now the world has become so successful at wars we faced with the prospect of immanent destruction.

It was necessary to define a God even if one did not exist -the marvels of our world demanded we believe in a supreme being much as dogs look at us as their supreme being.

We have now as adults to acknowledge our defects and take responsibility for all our actions and beliefs, if we are to survive.

The need to believe in a God is so powerful we cannot deny

Others who lack the conviction to set aside ancient beliefs for the sake of our survival. We should allow people to believe in their Gods, but rule the world by man’s government elected by the world body of people, it may be a struggle and cumbersome way to rule, but until computers can dictate policies for our survival this will have to do. This is what I believe.

This I believe