kayla - sterling heights, Michigan
Themes: Christianity

I believe in Christianity.

I believe that Christianity is the core foundation of my life. Christianity is also the core foundation of our country – The United States of America – and our forefathers.

Christianity is the acceptance that we – as humans – are sinners, belief that Christ Jesus – the son of God – died for our sins and rose again 3 days later for our salvation, and the commitment of our lives – to the best of our ability – to follow Jesus with our all our heart, soul, mind, body and most importantly our actions. Christianity is based on the Bible – a book written by the prophets of God and the disciples of Jesus.

I grew up in the Christian church. I was dedicated as a baby and brought up in the children’s ministries and youth ministries. Of course you may think, “She’s only a Christian because her parents are and they make her go to church.” But the answer is no. I have my own firm foundation in Christianity in what I learned from my pastors and researched on my own. I choose to keep going to church Sunday after Sunday and Wednesday after Wednesday because I want to. I have my license and am now an adult; I can choose whether or not to go to church, and I choose to because I believe in Christianity.

I have grown up being a Christian, like I said I was dedicated as a baby and when I was in the 8th grade I declared my faith to the world by getting baptized. I am not afraid to say I am a Christian. Yes, it’s really hard work, but I try my best. It’s hard to live in a world of sin and hatred and I know I do sin, but I also know I have been forgiven. It’s super hard being a teenager. I have been tempted with so much alcohol and sex and lots of sin, but I try my best to stay away from it all. I have had my doubts and trials with God, but somehow I always come through. It may have taken a simple prayer or bible study to help me through or after a lot of crap happening. It comes to locking myself in the bathroom screaming crying to God asking him where he is and why he isn’t helping me to realize he’s right next to me, just waiting for me to ask in the first place. I believe Jesus is my true best friend; he listens to me and I listen to him.

I believe, believing in Christianity is what has kept me a good student, daughter, and person. I know I wouldn’t be where I am with out my faith and Christianity.

I believe in Chrisitianity.