Dan - Sterling Heights, Michigan

I Believe in Friendship

Outside of your family, who do you really have? You may say that you have a girlfriend or boyfriend, teammates, classmates, ect. But what actually are all these people? They are friends. A friend is someone who you go to with your problems. Someone you can joke with and is there for you. But friendship can go so much deeper then that. Friendship could go so far in depth that it could fill up this page six times over again.

Everyone needs some kind of friendship to survive. When you were little, you had a best friend. You and this person had many things in common. It’s also possible that this friend was not even a person. Your friend could possibly be make believe. It’s also possible that you friend might not even be that. A best friend could even be a pet. You know what they say, dog is a mans best friend.

Having a best friend is important because sometimes life can be tough and its good to be able to call someone up and just talk. They say that its better to have one good friend in life then many not as close friends. This is true, but sometimes some times it’s easier for people without a best friend, but still have a large group of friends. To some people this may not make much since, so I will explain myself. If you’re in an environment that is surrounded by positive people who are easy going and easy to get along with, then you will live a happy life. Although, if you do have a best friend it will make life easier and much more tolerable to stand. If you never have a best friend, how will you learn about yourself? How will you know who you really are? A best friend is also someone who brings the best out in you. A best friend shows you who you really are. They will tell you the truth no matter what. A best friend is a person who, even if you are having a crappy day, can still put a smirk on your face.

Some people choose not to have any friends. I do not understand why someone would choose to live like this. It is obvious to see that people who surround themselves with friends and people, who love them, live happier and fuller lives. I’m guessing that the people who choose to live like this have never read the book or seen the movie titled: “A Christmas Carol.” They would relate very well to a character in the story called Ebenezer Scrooge. In the story, Mr. Scrooge is an old, cold hearted, very greedy man. One night when Ebenezer falls asleep the night before Christmas, four ghosts visit him. To make a long story short, he figures out that if he does not start loving people and making friends, he will die a very lonely death.

I hope that this makes a great deal of since to you. If you want to have a death that is not full of loneliness and hatred, then you should cherish the ones you love and make friendship an important aspect of your life.