Sierra - Fortson, Georgia

I Believe In Roller Coasters

I believe in roller coasters. In the beginning, the ride slowly intensifies to the top, the excitement bit by bit is rising. In certain points in a person’s life and especially mine; life could be similar to a roller coaster. Life could be going great by having the “perfect” family, the “right” boyfriend, the nice car, and the best friends. You hit the very peak of the ride called Life and you think everything is astonishing.

Then the real ride begins and you most hold on for dear life. Life takes you down to the lowest point in the valleys locating where a divorce comes unexpectedly, a sharp turn resulting from the death of a young cousin, the nauseating heartbreak after the loss of the one guy that you thought was right. The whole time on this ride I think when is this ride going to be over? When can I stop screaming, crying, and laughing all at the same time?

Then I reach the last valley and I reach to the highest peak on the ride, and gradually in the horizon I begin to see the smiling faces of others around me. I hear the laughter and I see the EXIT sign. Leaving life’s ride I witness the love in my household instead of animosity. I venture out and meet new individuals who cause me to feel blessed about what God has given me.

Riding on the roller coaster of Life can take you into some really low places. When I’m the passenger on this ride I have to realize that the ride doesn’t last very long. There is always a resting spot. When times are going tough and I feel like I can’t possibly make it through, I think about what God has blessed me with and I realize that I was put on this jerky roller coaster ride for a reason and that I must persevere.