Bridgette - Sterling Heights, Michigan

When I read the first Harry Potter novel, I instantly fell in love. What’s not to love about a teenage wizard who is famous for defeating a dark lord as an infant? Sadly, all loves must come to and end, I believe that Harry Potter will be defeated by Vodlemort at the end of the 7 book series.

Harry Potter is talented for his you age, however the likelihood of him conquering an all powerful wizard does not seem very realistic. With his closest advisors dead (Dumbledore and Sirius) Harry has no one left to save him. Harry has yet to learn all there is to know in order to end Voldemort’s life.

According to the fifth novel, “neither can live while the other survives.”, this means that in the end both Harry and Voldemort can not survive. It also means that only Harry can defeat Voldemort and vice versa. Voldemort is an exceptionally witted, powerful wizad, Harry however, is just an average teenage boy. There is simply no way that Harry could outwit Voldemort.

In addition to the logical reasons Harry can not survive, J.K. Rowling must kill the famed wizard in order to put an end to the Harry Potter series. If she doesn’t kill Harry in the end, she will be pressured to write additional novles about Harry, which she has stated in numerous interviews she is not going to do. Rowling has also been noted to say that a main character dies which will shock her readers. She often includes twisted plots in her books that i never expected, so I wouldn’t put killing Harry past her.

Furthermore, in order for Harry to even think about killing Voldemort, he must find the remaining 4 horcruxes (objects containing a bit of Voldemort’s soul) and demolish them. These horcruxes, trophies of Voldemort’s life, are hidden in various locations which were extremly difficult for even Dumbledore, the most powerful wizard of his time, to find.

As much as I love Harry, he really just isn’t quite intelligent enought to find all the horcruxes and determine a way to destruct them. In addition, he doesnt have enough duel experience to win Voldemort in oine. This leads me to believe that Voldemort will defeat Harry Potter and the end of the 7th book.