Mike - sterling heights, Michigan

Over the years cars have become more and more important to everyday life. In the early years cars weren’t really dependent or reliable. Now with the technology we posses cars have become a need just to get around. This is why I believe everybody should have a car.

In the early nineteen hundreds cars were just coming into development and weren’t very common. Now cars are becoming more dependent in our life. Back in the day people used the horse carriage to get around and usually just walked to where they needed to go to and it would take them forever to get there; but when cars came out people started to realize that they could be valuable to use. People were realizing that with a car it reduced the time to get to places by half.

With the invention of cars gas was in high demand a lot more than usual. Since so many people have cars now the economy has really improved. The gas company’s at first kept gas cheap so they didn’t really make any profit off it. They soon started to raise the price of gas a little at a time to make up for that loss. But now gas prices are about three dollars a gallon. To counteract with the high gas prices people started to reduce driving, go buy electric, hydrogen, and hybrid cars so that they don’t have to pay for such high gas prices.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that people have become way to dependent on cars now-a-days. Using them to go on trips or back and forth to school or even work. It’s just the main sorce of transportation right now. But in a way all this driving around has an advantage. With all this driving around it causes people to use a lot more gas, and with gas prices so high it has really helped the economy out. And with all this money coming in major car manufactures are able to produce new cars with even better technology. And with all this technology going into cars right now were just going to keep buying them. This my friend is why I believe everyone should have car.