Bradley - Sterling Heights, Michigan
Themes: work

I believe you have to work hard to get what you want. Many people think they can be successful by having things handed to them and having people do things for them, when what you want really comes from within. Hard working people that believe in what they want usually get it. People that do not work hard and believe they can get what they want, may not receive success as easy or at all.

Many people think rap stars and professional athletes have the easy life for the enormous amounts of money they get. This is false because these people are some of the hardest working citizens in the United States. Rap Stars may go on long tours, spend numerous hours recording, writing, and even performing. Rap stars may do this for a few weeks or months straight, showing how hard they really do work. Professional athletes may work a full season straight with very little time off. They spend much of their time practicing hard, playing games, and traveling but work hard to do what they love. These examples show that people who succeed work very hard to get the life they want in return.

In order to work hard you need to motivate yourself. Motivation is a huge part in working hard because without motivation you have nothing to strive for. For example, as a freshman, I set a goal to graduate high school with over a 3.0 GPA. By setting this goal I have motivated myself to wok hard in school and do all of my work. By pushing myself and working hard throughout high school I will be graduating this summer with a GPA of about 3.3. Although it I my senior year and I have all of my credits but a ½ credit of English, I still strive to work hard everyday. I still work hard because I refuse to give up and want to do the best I can. I did not receive a 3.3 for just showing up to school, but pushing myself and putting my ability to the test.

Not all but many children that are raised in rich families have everything handed to them and may not feel success the same way. Many teens raised in rich families may have cars given to them, whereas many mid to low class teens have to work hard to make enough money to buy their own cars. More often people who work hard take value in what they have in life.

There are many people in the world that work hard to get what they want. Working hard will make you feel good about yourself by having that feeling of accomplishment. If people just motivate themselves to work hard the world would be more successful as a whole.