Stavros - Sterling Heights, Michigan

I believe in the value of progress.

Without progress, we wouldn’t be where we were right now. Human beings as a whole would not have advanced in technology or even advance in general, we would basically be cavemen. To progress, is to advance, to develop, to grow. If human beings as a whole had not advanced, developed, or grown, then this value would not be here today. If we did not have the will to progress, then we would not have this value and vice versa.

I believe that this value, the value of progress, is important because I feel that we revolve around it. We revolve around the development of our societies, human beings, and technology. I also think we revolve around the growth of these three things. Don’t get me wrong, I also believe we revolve around the development and growth of other things. The reasons I believe that we care so much about the progress of these things are shown in how our society has such a big influence with science. Research on better technology and how we use this new technology is shown everyday. There is always something new coming out, something better and sometimes even more compact. Therefore, I also believe the value of progress can be a key value in our lives.

Sometimes progressing could be a bad thing. It is possible to progress for the worst. It is possible to grow into something bad or develop into something you didn’t want to become. It is also possible for a society to grow into something bad, something they didn’t want to become. The value of progress isn’t exactly a good or bad thing. To develop into something good, or to develop into something bad, either way, the value of progress is a very strong one to me.

You’re probably thinking, “If the value of progress can be bad, why do I think of it as a very important value?” Well, the value of progress is given to you right at birth. Without it, it would be impossible to change; you would be stuck in a physical and mental state of a baby. As you can see, we are not stuck in a physical and mental state of a baby, and our societies have been growing and developing faster every decade.

The ability to progress is different than the value of progress, to progress determines how well you can develop, while the value of progress determines how much you cherish it.

I strongly believe in the value of progress. The value of progress determines where our society and human beings are at. It also determines how well we will develop and grow into something either good or bad. This value is a key value in our every ones life and I believe that without it, we would not really be able to live to our potential as human beings.