Alex - Shelby Twp, Michigan
Themes: pleasure

I Believe This Summer will be the Best

Every year for the past fourteen years of my life, I have always looked forward to hearing the teacher dismiss us, and hearing the final bell of the school year. At 2:11 on June 1st, 2007, I will hear the bell ring for the last time. Knowing that I never have to wake up early every single day to go to school ever again will make this summer that much better.

I plan on not wasting any time on having fun when this amazing time comes around. I will probably end up going to Cedar Point the day after the seniors get out of school. Then I can do whatever I want for two weeks until I start watching my mom’s co-worker’s daughter. She is in second grade, sleeps until 12:00 every day, and only watches T.V. and eats food. I have to be at her house by 6:30 every morning until 3:30 in the afternoon Monday-Friday for eight weeks. I will be getting paid three hundred and twenty dollars cash on every Friday. I added that up, and the total came out to be $2,560 within those eight weeks of sitting around, sleeping, swimming, and playing with a kid. Plus, I’ll have two weeks off in July when the GM shutdown is taking place. I plan on saving half of the money every week, so I will have over one thousand dollars put away for school in the fall. During the duration of me having that job, I still plan on going out and having all the fun I would as if I didn’t have to wake up around six o’clock every day of the work week, like I did when I had to go to school.

Two more events making this summer more exciting are the senior all night party and prom. These will be the last two times that all of us can be together for the rest of our lives, except class reunions. I’m going to try to hang out with all of my friends as much as possible, since some will be going away to college, and won’t be around much anymore, or at all.

This paper may not exactly be an essay, but these are just some of the reason why I believe this summer is going to be the best one of my life.