Heather - Sterling Heights, Michigan

This I believe animal testing is the right thing to be doing. When placed in a situation on wether to save an animals life or their own, most people would choose to save themselves. This occurs daily and many animals are killed in the name of science. I sometimes agree that they are reckless murders along many others. However, I believe that continuation of animal research is the progress of mankind.

Through the progress of animal testing many cures and medicines have been found for many diseases and illness. For anymore cures too be found animal testing must continue. Although I strongly believe in the necessity of testing on animals, I thinks it should be carried out in a more humane way. There are no legal requirements to use anesthetics while testing on any animal. There should be a few more stricter rules and regulation pertaining to animal protection, but I doubt there ever will be due to the greed and laziness attitudes most people have. To actually have rules and regulations set and followed by the scientists who test large amounts of money and effort would have to be used.

If one day after visiting the doctor and being diagnosed with a disease in which had no cure or medicine that would help me I would most defiantly want them to be tested on an animal before me. The testing should be done on an animal that has a large population. We shouldn’t be testing anything on animals that are instinct or close to becoming instinct. I think by following that rule we are respecting animals rights and not taking away one species of life. Anyone would much rather have an animal loose it’s life before someone they love dearly die of a reaction form a medicine.

All in all not everyone is going to agree that animal testing is the correct thing to do, but that is what I believe is right. Testing different things on animals before humans will only help us in the long run. It will allows us to have multiple medical breakthroughs in the future. We should have trained our scientists to only test on animals with large populations so we don’t have any problems with increasing the number of instinct animals.