Tessy - Sterling Heights, Michigan

I believe that there should be no sex before marriage. Now everyone is going to be asking, why? I’ll tell you why! There is no point, and it’s not worth it! Honestly, that is the best answer I can give someone. I know it from many stories that I hear and television that I watch, that having sex before marriage is going to result in many consequences.

Think about it, having sex before marriage is not a mature or cool thing to do. The two people in this sexual activity are probably in their early teens. During this time many emotions occur, but it is not because of “love.” Why do I say that? Teens are just teens, they do not think about any consequences of their actions. They make irrational choices like having sex, and when the girl gets pregnant everything goes down the drain. The boy starts freaking out, and starts saying “I can’t take of your baby,” or better yet “That baby is not even mine!” How is the girl supposed to feel? She’ll probably be thrown out of the house. She might not even have any support or comfort from anyone. She’ll be left with a child and have no way to provide for the baby’s needs. What does this tell you? To me, it shows a lot of emotional trauma developing due to sex in early age.

There are other factors to be considered. What about sexually transmitted disease? Ahh, yes! The wonderful diseases- AIDS, HIV, herpes- they are the best STD’s to ever catch! It’s not like these STD’s are going to ruin someone’s life or anything… People! Do you realize what is going on? If you get STD’s because of sex in your preteens it ruins your life. In the long run, you will never be able to experience sex in your future. It is all because people will look down on you for having AIDS, or genital herpes etc.

There is also abortion. Many girls have abortion every year. This is a life a girl is killing. All this could be prevented if a couple didn’t have sex. Why not use contraceptives? At least, it will give someone a higher chance of not getting pregnant. Hello? We’re talking about teenagers! They don’t use their brain and just jump into everything that is set before them. The sad thing is a baby will die. Is it the child’s fault that his or her parents made bad decisions in their life? This is totally unfair to that child! Once again, this can all be prevented if teens don’t engage in sexual activity before marriage.

I’m pretty sure all these reasons can persuade someone to “Think before you Act!” To have sex before marriage is not the best thing to do. What about to have safe sex? Sure, why not? But that is a totally different topic. Now the question is, “How about No Sex before Marriage?” I think I won this case, hands down!