Jeremy - Sterling heigthts, Michigan

I believe that music is the greatest thing of all time. Music can be enjoyed by anyone at any age. Whether you love to make music with your voice or an instrument or you can’t carry a tune in a bucket and just like to listen to others, music can always be enjoyed. Music also challenges people to work hard to perfect their specific art. Also, music is universal. Music plays a role in every life of every human on earth no matter what age, race, gender or anything else.

You’ll be hard pressed to find any store where there is not music playing over the speakers while people shop–and for that matter, at any restaurant, or anywhere else where people may go in public. Music is such a key part of our society that you will almost always hear some sort of music every day no matter where you work or what you do. Music also offers a challenge to musicians. For those of us who take enjoying music to an extreme (or who can at least “carry a tune in a bucket”) there is a challenge and desire to take our level of musicianship in our field of expertise to the next level. I love music and whatever piece I am working on at a given time, be it on my cello, the piano or me singing, I always want to do the best I can and make every note the most beautiful it can be. Music is not just a hobby that some people have. Some people have careers that wouldn’t even be there without music.

Something that is universal, though—something that does not just pertain to those of us who are musically inclined—something that anyone, no matter what their age, experience in music, race, gender, or anything else can understand is how you can lose yourself in music. This is the main reason that music is so great. Music can take us to a place where nothing else can even begin to go to. As a great musician once said, “Where words fail, music speaks.” Music is so great because you can listen to it no matter what mood you’re in and find comfort in it. Whether you’re going through a really tough time in your life, you’re absolutely in love, or you simply have nothing to do, you can find a song that encompasses whatever feeling you may have.

Music is the best of all time. It brings joy to people like nothing else. It offers itself as a hobby for people, careers for people and also just to listen to. The last thing, and what I think is its’ coolest quality, that music has the capability of doing is reaching into and comforting the heart of some one. I don’t know where I’d be without music. It is without a doubt something that this world simply couldn’t do without.