William - Flagstaff, Arizona

THIS I BELIEVE…I BELIEVE IN ME

I know that is a very generalized word, Me. But how else can I sum up all that I am? There is a lot more to Me than just being a husband, father, son, employee, friend. My belief can only be described in one word, Me.

I believe in Me for this very simple reason, I am the only one of Me, I can trust Me, and I depend on Me to get through my day to day life.

Other people need someone to base their beliefs in. Superman, sports figures, religious leaders, support groups, politicians…all have been set up as examples to live life by. But, how can they be up on pedestals as examples of how to lead my life when they have not walked down the same path I have. I am the only one who has been through the things that have happened to me. My life is unique.

And I am the only person on this planet who will always be there for Me. Other people die, move away, loose touch. The only constant I can find is Me.

My belief in Me has changed over the years. When I was younger, I believed that I could be anything, have it all. Now, I believe that I am a strong person, a happy person, a wiser person. The Me I have become is the Me I have experienced.

Me…a recovering alcoholic, a son who’s mother is proud of him, a father who cares about and is proud of his sons, a husband who has made a lot of mistakes, a hard working employee who does his best, a person who believes he can change himself and his world. I believe in the Power of Me.