Travis - Healdsburg, California

I Believe In The Power Of Money

I believe that money is indeed powerful. I believe that the power of money is a positive power more so than a negative one. Money gives us a form of generosity. Without currency, the rich would be poor, the poor would be poorer. Can you imagine having to build everything you own, because there was no way to trade money for the things you need in life? I believe without money people would be less generous. Money gives us something that is easy to share and assist other people with. Have you ever miscalculated tax, and been like 25 cents short of what you were trying to buy? I have on about 3 occurrences, and on each occurrence the cashier, or someone nearby has always paid off that little bit I did not have. If there was no money, and we all had to trade stuff for our food and supplies, there is no way that someone would just happen to have something of the correct value that they would give me to trade. Money allows us to assist others in purchases, split meals at restaurants, and have jobs. Without money jobs wouldn’t be very logical. I would most likely be busy making my own house, hunting, or something to provide me with the essentials for living, rather than getting a job for whatever that employer had extra to trade me at the time. Money allows communities to exist, and without communities there would be a greater amount of lonely people. The power of money helps us help each other, and saves many people from loneliness and other unfortunate things.

Many people believe that money is the root of all evil. However, money helps me get the things I enjoy in life. How is being able to get the things that I enjoy in life evil? I do not understand how money can be the root of all evil, when without money many good things would be much harder to get your hands on. Of course with great power comes great responsibility, (thanks spider man) so of course being that money is very powerful, it also is responsible for many things. I am sure that money is responsible for tragedies and deaths all over the world, but I am also sure that many great things root from currency. In conclusion, I believe in the power of currency, because it has the power to help us help others, and help ourselves at the same time.