Alexandra - Cambridge, Massachusetts
Themes: golden rule

I believe if you do good things, you will get an equal number of good things in return. I believe if you do bad things, you will always have the punishment of guilt. Sometimes the number of good things you get or the guilt you live with, depends on the knowledge you hold of the situation you have been a part of. In other words, if you are aware you have done something wrong, you will ultimately have to live with guilt. You might even be punished by others. If you are unaware that you have done something wrong, you will probably have no guilt, however you too might be punished by others. If you do something good and meaningful, I don’t think it matters whether you know it or not. I think you will always get a personal or spiritual “thank you” later on in some way.

People might just think I could label all of this as karma or luck, but I think it is just the way things work. If there is something out there so powerful to give us the gift of emotions and life, I think this is more than just karma. I am sure a lot of people have done good things and have been waiting for something good to happen to them. I think if you are only doing good things because you want to get good things in return, nothing is going to happen. I think you are supposed to want to do good things for others instead of yourself. For example, there was a man who fell into the subway’s train tracks while a train was coming. A stranger named Wesley Autrey saved that man by pushing him down, just enough so the train could drive over them, without hitting them. Afterwards, Mr. Autrey said that he just did it because it was the right thing to do. I am sure that man is going have a big self-reward someday. He will get a reward even larger then appearing on David Lettorman or being invited to the State of the Union. I think karma, luck, or whatever people call things like this, happens every day.