Alexander - Winchester, Massachusetts
Themes: work

I believe that life is hard and filled with obstacles, but if a person works hard to overcome those obstacles and he or she succeeds the rewards can be great. In my personal experience whenever I work hard and achieve my goal, I always get an emotional reward. I recently completed a research paper. I not only felt great about handing it in I also felt that I had done a good job, and that I had handed in a great paper. Whenever a sports team works hard in a game and they win, they get two rewards, the knowledge that they a great job and that they have another win. When a writer finishes a book he or she knows that he or she have hopefully made a lot of money, and finished a hard piece of writing, so they feel proud of themselves. When you fight and win a war you feel bittersweet, sad because you lost or you killed many people, and happy because peace is restored, you are alive, and you have hopefully helped many innocent people. A politician is rewarded when he or she is elected and knows he or she has the ability to make the world a better place. If you become a doctor you know that you can help people in need and when you do you feel that you have done the right thing. A judge brings about justice, which is reward because you know you can stop some of the evil in the world. When you are a kid you can’t do all of the special things I mentioned but you can do well in school, do community service, make new friends etcetera, and if you succeed in any of those things you feel good; sometimes you know you are helping people. Sometimes the greatest reward is knowing that you have done the right thing, not a trophy or some tangible object. Rewards are almost always thought of as tangible objects that are useful or worth money but emotional rewards are much more powerful. If people took more time to stop, think and not always ask for rewards the world would be a better place.