george - concord, Massachusetts
Themes: parenthood

This I believe: No matter what kind of relationship that you have with your parents, you’ll miss them terribly after they die. The amount of sadness you feel depends immensely on the relationship you and your parents had with one another.

Then you have a good relationship with your parents, one where you talk with them about your emotions and thoughts. Where they support your dreams and hopes and even on the soccer field, there always thereto put a band-aid on your knee when u fall off your skateboard. You can help a good relationship as well. Making them tea when have a headache in the morning or obeying them without any retaliation. You know you have a good relationship with them when you call them non stop just to hear their voice or when you take tome off of work to visit them in the hospital when they are sick. You will never be able to experience that feeling of love from someone like they did or a sense of security when you needed it from them when they die.

You may be able to receive love from a wife or an aunt or uncle but it is not the same. You grew up with your parents. You talked to them almost every single day of the week when you were growing up. They showed their love for you every day whenever they got the chance.

Another reason why no one can replace your parents is that they take care of you and nurture you when you need it. Your parents do it because they love you. They made you. They will love you whatever you do. They will put you to bed because they love you and they will do anything to make you fell safe. A babysitter will put you to bed because it is his or her job. Babysitters make dinner because they have to. They will put up with your little performances because they know that they are going to get paid. Things may change though, from the length of time you have had that babysitter. They may start liking you a lot and help you because they care about you.

For people who never had a good relationship with their parents and thought that their parents hated them, they still love you. They might not show it , but they care about you and they want you to make good choices in life and they will be proud of you with every choice you make. If they don’t then it is there fault that you have that relationship with them. For when you’re growing up you just want to make them proud. That should be enough for the parents.

If your parent die it will make you distraught and you will miss them terribly. You would miss their presence of comfort and the only people that truly loved you no matter what decisions you make.