Rudolf - Fort Worth, Texas
Age Group: 65+

I believe in strict naturalism, that the Creator created nature in such a way that it is capable of becoming itself. When I met the theologian Hans Urs von Balthasar in Basel Switzerland he showed me that the fundamental revelation of Christianity is that God is love. Therefore I believe that creation is the gift of the loving God to creation. It is the gift of existence that makes it possible for nature to freely become itself. Because of this gift nature could bring forth us, creatures that are free.

We know from the experience of human love that the bondage of any loving relationship can only be entered freely. This is also true for the loving relationship offered by the Christian God. Because we are free creatures we are capable of accepting or rejecting the love of God. I have therefore come to believe that the scientific understanding of cosmogenesis as a strictly natural process makes only explicit what is already implied in the fundamental revelation of Christianity, namely that God is love.