Kayla - Allen, Texas
Themes: love

I Believe in Love

I believe in love. It is near impossible for me to define this word and even less likely that I will be able to describe its effect. It touches everybody differently, and I can only tell you what it is to me.

Without love, my life would be incomplete. This may seem like a bold statement, but it could not be more true. Without love, my best friend would not be my best friend, my sisters would simply be siblings, and mommy and daddy would just be parents. Love brings meaning to all relationships and defines them. One cannot look into my life without seeing love, because it covers me in all aspects, from my behavior in class to my spirituality. Just like everybody else, I go through difficult times, and love plays a key role in bringing me out on top. I believe in love because I see it every day, and it is difficult for me to deny something so visible.

No matter the time of the year I can see love in my surroundings. At Christmas, I see it in every ribbon, every bow, and every doorway topped with mistletoe. In the summer I can see it in every parent’s dreaded trip to the public pool. It is in the stitching of every homemade Halloween costume, and it burns in every birthday candle. Love can be found in the stuffing of a teddy bear on Valentine’s Day, or in a kiss on New Year’s Eve. Above all other times, I see the ultimate display of love on the cross at Easter. However, I don’t need a specific holiday to see love. Whether it is thirty degrees or one hundred, love burns all year round.

Love consumes everything. It is the source of all butterflies. It is the source of all goose bumps. Every rose is red with love. Every heart beats because of love. Love sets goals and achieves them. It laces every smile and ties every relationship. It’s innocent. Nothing competes with love, it always wins and always will. I can find it almost anywhere, because it’s everywhere. Love omnipresent, is found in the eyes of a child and the arms of a parent. It is in a kiss on the cheek, and the whisper in an ear. Running in the blood of family, is love. It is the scent of fresh laundry, fresh cookies, and the scent of a loved one. It’s in the voice of almost everybody, because I believe it is human nature to love. It overlooks flaws and looks me straight in the eye. Love gets me through the day, it gets me through the night. I hear it in a song and I feel it in a laugh. I believe in love, because without it, I’ve nothing else to believe in. Love, kinder than anything in this world, is above all else.

In all things, love prevails. I believe that love is at the core of all people, whether they seem to be self-centered or rude, they have love. Love, who’s patience is undeniable, can be seen in every person I know. Sometimes it is difficult to spot, but I strongly believe that it is physically and mentally impossible to live a life without it. Although people deny it, love plays a key role in their lives, making almost every decision on their behalf.

I believe in love because it never fails. Love never calls to cancel on me, love never lies to me, or cheats on me. It never snaps at me, nags, or looks at me judgingly. Love is generous. It gives me hope for the future, it gives me protection from hate, and it gives me something stable to trust in. Love is my stronghold because it never wavers. It has been part of my life, and it will forever be a part of my life. My family today is built on it, and my family in the future will be as well.

Above all else, I believe in putting love at the center of my life. “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres” (I Corinthians 13:4-7). I believe in love because love has always believed in me.