Paul - Arlington, Texas

I believe in the saving grace of Jesus. Fo sho. People think Jesus is somber and conventional, but Jesus was a rock star and a rebel. Jesus was born before rock and roll, but the rock star attitude transcends time, space and science. Jesus like any other rock star had a posse, like Ziggy Stardust had the Spiders from Mars. Jesus was the Robert Plant of around 20 or 30 A.D. A lot of people heard his words and thought they sounded cool, but didn’t quite understand what they meant. To the people who did understand his words there was such unexplainable profundity that you could try to explain, but a non-believer wouldn’t get it. Jesus wasn’t just all about preaching, either. He was a people person, he liked to party. He didn’t get super drunk with the disciples and wreck hotel rooms, because there wasn’t much too wreck back then, but if he lived today, I bet he would. John Lennon said the Beatles were bigger than Jesus. But I don’t see any churches built to praise John Lennon. And I wonder how many times anyone has opened their eyes to John Lennon and been saved? My guess would be five or six at the most, but I couldn’t keep track of all the people who have been saved by Jesus even if I had a million hands with one hundred fingers each. Jesus lived like a rock star. Like many rock musicians he lived with his mom and step father. His step father wanted him to take over his job, but Jesus knew he was destined for greatness. He like all rock stars had that gut feeling, the feeling that told him he was born to rock. He formed a band of twelve and headed to Jerusalem with dreams of stardom. He developed a loyal following but there were harsh critics out there. These critics were out to get him; no matter what he did they had to cut him down. But Jesus rocked out regardless of what they said, because you can’t stop the rock. Jesus’ enemies knew that no matter how hard you try you can’t stop a rock star so they decided to kill him. Judas sold him out and broke up the band. Fulfilling his rock star destiny, Jesus died young. Without the front man the music stopped coming. But Just because, the band was gone doesn’t mean the music was dead. Jesus songs stay in people’s hearts two thousand years after his death. Let’s all give it up for Jesus. It takes one hell of a rock star to still be one of the biggest rock stars two thousand years after you die.