Sarah - Healdsburg, California

This I Believe Essay

Friendships

I believe in friendships. Have you ever been in a tough situation and there was a friend to help you through it? Well, I’ve been blessed with having some wonderful friends that help me through the roughest and toughest of times. No matter what, friends will be there for you when there is a problem in your life. Friends will never make you cry except for when you are laughing until there are tears in your eyes. Friends become rebels right along with you, but will also stick by your side when you’ve made a choice to be angelic. Friends help you to learn better about yourself, and sometimes complete you. Friends are like family…always there by your side, pulling you up when you’ve fallen.

There have been various situations in my life that have been amazing that I have experienced with my friends. They have been sad, exciting, boring, enlightening, and fun-filled. One sunny September day, two of my closest friends and I, went to the Russian River Cleanup, expecting it to be excruciatingly boring and slightly disgusting. To our surprise, we found that it was more than just cleaning up the river of its filth, but also a bonding time for us. After the cleanup, we went to one of my friends house and chilled the sun, lounging and talking about life. We jumped on the trampoline until we had no more energy to jump. That was a time that was bonding and eternally brought us closer.

One day I was walking by a house of my old friend and it seemed to be that she was holding a birthday party. Apparently, she had not invited me, and I felt very jealous. I had been going to her birthday parties annually for the past nine years. My friend was by my side, and she consoled me by telling me to keep my cool and to not stress about it. It more than clear that the friendship between the girl holding the birthday party and I was over. The friend I had been walking with was very supportive when we came to realize that I was being left out of an annual event. The balloons and all of the noise coming from inside of her house added to the affect but with the help of my friend it was soon to the back of my mind.

These best friends of mine have helped me through the best of times and the worst of times. Friends will never make you cry except for when you are laughing until there are tears in your eyes. Friends become rebels right along with you, but will also stick by your side when you’ve made a choice to be angelic. Friends help you to learn better about yourself, and sometimes complete you. Friends are like family…always there by your side, pulling you up when you’ve fallen. I believe in friendship.