Kyle - Healdsburg, California

I believe in taking life easy and enjoying it and enjoying it as much as possible. That means not always giving 100 percent effort for certain things, but it certainly does not mean being a total bum when it comes to work. I believe in working hard only for things that I love to do.

For example in my AP Physics class I rarely ever put in a decent effort because I have no real interest in the class besides getting college credits by passing the year end AP test. That changed a few weeks ago when I decided to build a Rube Goldberg machine. That is a machine that takes multiple steps to complete a simple task, which this year was to juice an orange. This project was different than the ordinary physics so I took an immediate interest into it. I worked every day for two weeks on this project and poured my heart, soul, and sweat into the machine. After the project was complete I went instantly back into my belief of not straining myself too much whenever possible.

This belief also tends to find itself in this class. When our class is reading a novel that I enjoy reading I am more likely to complete the assignments that are paired with it, and I am also likely to put a great deal of more time and effort into the assignment. Why should I have to deal with something that I do not like? For the grade maybe, but besides that there is no benefit that satisfies me from the completion of something that I don’t take pleasure in, so I put in the least amount of effort possible.

There are times in life when I need to take it easy. This I believe.