Melinda - Benbrook, Texas

I believe in the power of music. I know that there are songs out there that just want to make you dance around and that are just plain fun to listen to because they are just so catchy. And I like listen listening to them too, but I believe in the power of honest music. The kinds where the words seem to connect with you and you feel like you have been in that situation sometime, somewhere in your life. I believe that for some reason a certain type of music has just connected with me, and I feel like I cannot let it go. I love the honesty and the raw feelings of the music that I listen to. I love the feeling that the people who wrote, sung, and played that song absolutely love what they are doing. I believe that the people who made that music can impact your life just as much as their music does. I love that I am able to get to know the band that I love in more ways than just listening to their music. Sometimes I feel so thankful and blessed to be able to hear such honest music from someone else’s heart. I feel like what they write is a part of who they are. It is a connection between their lives and those who love to listen to them. I believe that the people in a band, and the music they create, can change a person’s view of music. I believe that one song can change a person’s life and that it can also save a person’s life. I believe music can make a person want to change and make better decisions on their life. And I think music can help people act on those decisions. I believe in the power of words in songs and just how much they can affect a person. I believe in all of this because I have experienced it through listening and loving the band, The Fray. Each member in this band and their music has truly changed the way I see music and they have affected my life. I love them and really thank them for all that they have done.