Sarah - Southlake, Texas

This I believe

I believe in the importance of family. I think it is important to have a strong relationship with your family. Learning how to bond with your family enables you to form relationships with other people. A strong family relationship gives one security, comfort, and most importantly, love. It is always good to know that I can turn to my family in times of hardship and trouble. They will love me no matter what, and this is very comforting to know. In the past few years of my life, I have grown a lot closer to my mom. I have never felt as comfortable around her as I do now. The best thing I like about our relationship, (you could even call it a friendship), is that we can laugh about anything together. I also have a very close friendship with my twin brother. My brother and I can just sit together and enjoy each others presence without feeling the need to talk to each other. I value these relationships a lot, and sometimes I feel like a take these relationships for granted. Not everyone feels close to their parents or siblings. Whenever some of my friends tell me that they can’t stand their parents or they just do not get along with them, I realize how thankful I am to have a good relationship with my parents. I am able to compromise with my parents with out yelling at them, and they have a lot more trust in me. Having such a strong relationship with my mom allows me to understand my mom better and vice versa. Hopefully, our relationship will only grow stronger, and I hope that other young adults or whomever can experience the love and friendship of their family. My family has taught me a lot about life. I enjoy listening to what they have to say on certain issues. They have definitely affected the way I think and my perspectives on things.